Sunday, April 8, 2012

Prologue

So as I'm sitting here with my leg still bouncing with a bit of the aftereffects of a decent toke, listening to the surreal strings of Lemon Jelly, I figure it's a good a time as any to give a bit of background concerning my adventures and exploits in New Eden.

I'm known by a fair few names in EVE, some of which you could no doubt learn through doing a bit of simple investigative work, but more likely from myself directly. For now, we'll go with Thespian. I've been stumbling around EVE on and off, ever since it came online. While most of my exploits are in the more recent years, I remember the newer days of piloting spaceships as well as anyone could.

I've done a little bit of everything, but what I've certainly done the most of is industry related. The carebear in me capitalized on the notion that in EVE, I could be part of a growing and very steady (Ha!) parallel market. But through a combination of peer pressure, a need to balance the status quo, uneasiness with monotony, and a general sense of mischievousness, there's been that darker, oh-so-close-to-piracy side of me that needs to come out. These set of posts will mostly focus on that aspect of my vampirism, and the need to feed on the blood of other delicious spaceships and carebears in order to keep myself sated.

Now I've never done my share of scamming in the "local-Jita" sense of word, but I have stripes when it comes to the act of deception. I've made at least two sizable corporations completely fold, and recently (while not completely) crippled a null-sec corporation's wallet and assets significantly. All of it done from the inside.

If you're in the mood to label our sort as terrible human beings, that leap of logic isn't always a safe one to make. That is to say, I'm a pretty average guy with what would generally be considered decently high moral standards outside of the game. But the distinction is exactly that - reality, and the game world. Maybe a big roleplaying background can help to make that distinction easier to understand, but it's one you have to make when you get into the real gut of EVE as a game - a sandbox. And what a scorpion filled sandbox it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment