Sunday, April 8, 2012

An ode to a fellow thespian

So in my travels of the great space opera, I've met a lot of people who play a handful of different roles. But while certainly having heard of individuals like myself (it's what initially attracted me, after all), you wouldn't believe my actual surprise when I finally met one.

In my adventures of 'trying everything' while always leaving options open on the side for my next victims, I ended up hauling my ass out to a wormhole with a few friends, and that's kept the iskies flowing for a good while now. Always interested in indoctrinating a few carefully selected participants into our operation, however, I decided to hit up the Recruitment channel and post a small ad to see if there's any decent pubbies about looking to (help us) get spacerich. Turns out I get a message from none other than Psychotic Monk of the Skunkworks. He gives me a pitch about how he wants to help out with some cap ships he can fly, can offer some t3 cruisers and just wants to make sure he gets his fair share of the loot. You know something's up when you click Employment History only to have it almost crash your PC from loading the list, though. I break it to him pretty quick after reading the blog that was linked directly in his character's bio that he's barking up the tree of someone who has more than a double digit IQ, ask if he's got any exploits coming up he wants a hand on, and we part ways on pretty amicable terms.

His blog's a pretty fun read if you get a kick out of hearing some of the shenanigans that goes on in high sec zerg corps, and it's definitely revitalized my desire to get back into the awoxing game. Best of luck to Skunkworks in their hardly-legal adventures, and may you always outwit your prey. But one question. What does 'safariing' mean anyways?


No comments:

Post a Comment